Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A new star

This was posted by Randas Burns on the Kentucky Chess Association web site. Very magnanimous  of Randas. 



- My last bit of new involves a player that might not be well known to everyone. This player is Josiah Hereford. From January 2012 to today, Josiah has risen his rating from 928 to 1821. That means in the last 20 months he has gained 893 points at 14 events. In most of the events he is upsetting or drawing players much higher rated than himself. For instance this past Saturday at the "Dog Days of Summer" Open in E-town I watched this player compete against a master and two experts and score 2.5 points. I had the unlucky task of having to play him in the last round but I was fortunate to win. Regardless of my win Josiah picked up 117 pts and moved into the A class. Watch out for this kid. He's coming to a tournament near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment